Thursday, September 11, 2008

9-1-1 I Remember

Since the purpose of this blog is to be therapeutic. I want to write down my thoughts on what today has become for me.

I remember driving to work that day, being stuck on the BQE in Brooklyn. Traffic stopped as everyone saw the planes crash into the towers. I cannot understand why some people lived and some people did not. I was to be at 1 WTC for a 9:30 am meeting which was canceled the night before. Instead we would meet later at 11:30 .

I cannot help but feel the relief of that postponement. Three friends of mine at Cantor-Fitzgerald never made it out of there, murdered along with everyone else.

We must show the video to all children in their classrooms and explain to them there are people who are jealous of our way of life, and will do anything to hurt us.

It is unfortunate that all Muslim people are lumped together as the bad guys . But we must preserve our country and way of life against those who hate us. Therefore we must continue our fighting and destroy them before they destroy us.

America must be strong and never forget who we are and how proud we are of our country.

It is a shame that our world was changed 7 seven years ago.

No comments: